|Such passion! Such bravado! We will twist them into abject despair!
|— Koal -
Koal as he appears in Dual Strike
|Firepower boost when fighting on a road
|Super CO Power
|Trail of Woe
Koal (Japanese: チャッカ Chakka; Chakka) is a Commanding Officer enlisted in the Black Hole army. He is a new CO in Advance Wars: Dual Strike, introduced in the Neverending War mission, and a member of the Bolt Guard.
He is known as Koal in the American version and Zak in the European version of the game.
Role[edit | edit source]
Koal is one of the main antagonists in Advance Wars: Dual Strike. He is superior in rank to Jugger, appears to be equal in rank to Lash, but below Hawke, Kindle, and Von Bolt. His most notable battles are when he and Lash use a Black Arc to defend the first Black Crystal in Victory or Death!, his attempt to assassinate Hawke and Lash in Muck Amok, his attempt with Kindle to defend the first Black Obelisk using the Black Onyx, and his final battle where he and a clone of Kanbei reactivate the Twin Crown Volcanoes in Ring of Fire.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Koal is a bit poetic, often describing people and objects in elaborate terms. This even extends to his insults.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
Koal is subservient and loyal to Kindle and sees himself, along with Jugger as one of her vassals. By contrast he finds Lash annoying, seems to distrust Hawke and dislikes the Allied Nations COs. In particular, he takes great delight in insulting Rachel, bragging that the Bolt Guard's actions will make Omega Land "as devoid of beauty as (her) face".
Skills[edit | edit source]
Koal is a variation of Adder, having a firepower boost on road terrain.
In Advance Wars: Dual Strike[edit | edit source]
- Day-to-Day (D2D): Koal's units (including air) gain 10% firepower on road terrain.
- CO Meter:
- CO Power: Forced March — Koal's units gain 1 movement. His road terrain firepower bonus becomes 20%. (Standard +10% firepower and defense.)
- Super CO Power: Trail of Woe — Koal's units gain 2 movement. His road terrain firepower bonus becomes 30%. (Standard +10% firepower and defense.)
CO Powers[edit | edit source]
All the Way Through
|Motores de Ira
|Trail of Woe
Tag Affinities[edit | edit source]
|Señora y Vasallo
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the European version of Advance Wars: Dual Strike, Hachi calls him Koal, instead of Zak.
- The names of both Koal's CO Power and Super CO Power in the Japanese version are references to Japanese mahjong hands.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Special Outfit in Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Wallpaper in Advance Wars: Dual Strike
European Wallpaper in Advance Wars: Dual Strike
|Commanding Officers of Advance Wars