Crystal Calamity is the twenty-second mission in the Advance Wars: Dual Strike campaign.
Hawke explains the use of the Black Obelisk and says that is what Black Hole is using to drain the energy from Omega Land. Although Jake tries to reassure everyone that the citizens of Omega Land are supporting them and thus they cannot lose, Kindle mocks him and reveals the Black Onyx, a giant battle satellite which is considered to be Black Hole's ultimate weapon. Furthermore, she explains that in fifty minutes, the satellite's barrier field will be operational and make the black obelisk invincible. Rachel, still determined, informs the rest of the Commanding Officers that their first goal should be to take out the Black Onyx to drop its shield. Although Grimm is worried on how they will be able to attack it in outer space, Hawke and Lash explain that the Missile Silos in the battlefield are especially designed to seek out and destroy satellites. With that in mind, Rachel orders that all infantry and mech units should immediately capture all nine silos scattered throughout the field while being careful that they do not fall into enemy hands. If all nine silos are fired, the Black Onyx will be destroyed completely.
With both the Black Onyx and the Black Obelisk destroyed, Kindle and Koal flee from the field. Rachel and the rest of the Commanding Officers cheer for their victory against Black Hole, thinking that their army has been obliterated. All of the Commanding Officers, including Lash and Hawke, then go inside a tent to celebrate with drinks and food.
- ↑ "The black obelisk. That's what they called it. It's what they're using to drain the energy from this land." —Hawke (Advance Wars: Dual Strike)
- ↑ "What you guys are doing...it's whack. Trashing the land for your own profit? That's just sick. All of the people who live here have got our backs. Factory workers, scientists, bakers... They're all with us. We won't lose." —Jake (Advance Wars)
- ↑ "Aha ha ha. You mean the rabble?! A ton of garbage is still garbage. Let me introduce you to reality. Reality is what you see above you. THAT is reality! What you see is more than 22,000 miles above us, in outer space. That glistening ebon star you see is Black Hole's ultimate weapon. Tremble before our magnificent battle satellite, Black Onyx!" —Kindle (Advance Wars: Dual Strike)
- ↑ "In a mere...fifty minutes from now, its barrier field will be operational. Once it's in place, the black obelisk will be safe for all eternity! Do I need to spell this out for you fools? You don't have a chance!" —Kindle (Advance Wars: Dual Strike)
- ↑ "We've received fresh intel. Black Onyx is equipped with a state-of-the-art particle defence system. The barrier field it projects shields the black obelisk from fire. Our first order of business is to take out the Onyx and drop that shield." —Rachel (Advance Wars: Dual Strike)
- ↑ "Whoa?! It's in outer space, it's huge, and...it's in outer space! That's far!" —Grimm (Advance Wars: Dual Strike)
- ↑ "Not a problem. The missile silos here are not armed with ordinary missiles." —Hawke (Advance Wars: Dual Strike)
- ↑ "Allow me to explain. The missiles here are specifically designed to seek and destroy satellites. They're part of the ASDS--our anti-satellite defence system." —Lash (Advance Wars: Dual Strike)
- ↑ "Let's get our infantry and mech units out there and capture all the silos. There are...nine silos in all. If we can hit Black Onyx with all nine in under fifty minutes, we can destroy it. We absolutely can't let those missile silos fall into enemy hands!" —Rachel (Advance Wars: Dual Strike)
- ↑ "Then we must flee. We will NOT forget about this, fools! Aha ha ha ha!" —Kindle (Advance Wars: Dual Strike)
- ↑ "YES! We shattered the black obelisk! The allied forces are victorious!" —Rachel (Advance Wars: Dual Strike)
- ↑ "And that means the Black Hole Army is done for, too!" —Max (Advance Wars: Dual Strike)
- ↑ "Listen up, everyone! Thank you so much for all of your hard work and sacrifices. We owe our efforts to each and every one of you. It may not be much, but this feast is our way of saying thanks. Have fun!" —Rachel (Advance Wars: Dual Strike)